Tuesday, November 11, 2014

What Can I Say?

I spent yesterday and today revising my short story, Clara Betta.  I've sent it to a couple of trusted readers but I'm ready to send it out to a literary magazine very soon.  It feels good.
Now it's time to go face my novel again.  I almost restarted revising today but I lost my nerve.
Instead, I faced a box of soaked files. A couple of weeks ago my basement flooded.  I was able to shred five years worth of paperwork.  It made me aware that I could get rid of more stuff.  I have that bug again as I was going thru it all.
I found pages of my time as a sales rep and all the background with my transfer. I didn't realized I've been carrying that around for so long. As I was reading through the material all of the old anger came back up for me.  It's amazing that I've never really let that go.  Good Lord!!  After I ripped the pages up I promised myself that I was letting it all go.
I also finished Sarah Waters, The Paying Guests.  I really enjoy her writing.  I shlepped that 500+ page hardcover back and forth for weeks.  It's interesting that since I know her writing, I was anticipating a twist in her story. And when the obvious twist didn't happen, it  was a surprise.  The ending was bittersweet.

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2014 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment