Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Scorcher


Today is going to be a scorcher of a summer solstice day and I wish I had played hooky. It’s perfect beach weather. The water would be icy cold and I would have spent the better part of the day in the water. *sigh* I’m telling you if I didn’t have so much student loan debt, I would soooooo live near a beach, work very little, and spend my mornings writing. My body is craving to swim in the ocean. Maybe I'll go out to the beach this weekend.

Sunday is my birthday. Good god! How much do I hate birthdays…let me count the ways...hehehe. Being compared to fine wine and cheese (“getting better with age”) just makes me want to clobber someone. I look at myself in the mirror and wonder who’s the person staring back at me. A teeny, tiny VAIN voice within me sometime rears its ugly head. The voice that wants to slow down the aging process, who can’t get past the strands of graying hair, who wants to be 20 again, who wants her figure back, who wants her tits to be perky again, who wants to be that force of nature to be reckoned with…that I once was many moons ago. Alas, we are past those days. 

Instead, I need to stop spending so much time looking back at my yesterdays and start facing my days to come. My new tomorrows. The prospect of some day soon finishing my very first novel. Enjoying new music and new friendships. Remembering I have a whole life ahead of me still yet to live. And that my life is far from over. On this bright and shiny solstice day I am feeling hopeful.

[Updated]  So Justin Nozuka has a great smooth vibe and I listen to him more and more these days.  You can't go wrong with a little talent.  Wanted to share one of his songs to add a little flava to this entry

Peace,

L~

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2012 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment