Thursday, June 7, 2012

Screaming Females – Expire



Expire by Screaming Females

If no one’s listening in
I’d like to pull apart the core of you
and squeeze myself back in
and if we can’t make friends
then I will live my life in servitude
and you can watch me give

I want to have faith in you
be wild and [wander]
I want you to tell me to expire

Stamp your heels for autumn
‘cause you ought to live your memories
and void and erase the page
and as my cells expand in me
[and shakes the secrecies and sneaks me in]
now I can see

I want to have faith in you
be wild and [wander]
I want you to tell me to expire

Every week I wait for you
to bring me home
or break my back
or string me thru the noose
The burning tree and strongest hand
the soil of the earth
depends that I die eternally

I want to have faith in you
be wild and [wander]
I want you to tell me to expire

**please note any lyrics in brackets are my best guess. So I may be completely off despite listening to this song non-stop today.

[2/28/15-I gave a fresh listen to this song this morning and changed the lyrics accordingly. Love to listen to this song back-to-back multiple times.  Sweet!]

********
Today I’m doing what I do best whenever I’m feeling very emotional, I’ve been listening to music in that neurotic, obsessive way that I do. Ged put this link out on FB and I’ve been listening to this song over and over again ever since. So thank you Ged for putting up this link to this song, it totally rocks! I tried figuring out the lyrics as best as I could so I may totally be off with some of it. Anyway, it’s a great song and definitely an East Coast indie band that I will check out live the next time they play in NYC.
Peace,

L~

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2012 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I know this post is old, but it's still the best transcription I've found. I've been listening close & I think it's "I'd like to have faith in you/ be wild and wander/ I want you to tell me to expire."

    Thanks again, what a brilliant song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking a close listen...getting the right words becomes this puzzle one needs to unravel. Screaming Females Rocks!!

    ReplyDelete