Sunday, March 11, 2012

Death by Dreamweaver

I just found out today that iWeb is no longer.  Argh!!  *shaking my fist up to the heavens*.  What crap!!  I've been using my website as an online portfolio so it's a bit of a static site...but I was just thinking of revamping the darn thing.  I have looked up some alternatives...apparently, I can still use it as is for the moment but eventually will need to change up the software tool.  *sigh*  *hands in head*  Really a little tired of technology at the moment.   Or at least how fast it changes.  Just when I've gotten the hang of one thing, I need to switch up.

The larger alternative is Dreamweaver but the learning curve on that tool is steep.  I'm sure I can learn it but it takes up way more brain power than necessary for my itty bitty website.  It's like shooting a bunny rabbit with a bazooka...definite overkill.  Hmmmm. I'm just thinking out loud here about it.  Anyway, that's the extent of my griping on that count.

Some writing update: still working on the play.  It's going slowly but I think I have a good sense of the story.  I'm looking to send it out as part of a writing fellowship application that I'm putting together, so I need to move on it to have at least 20 pages to introduce my writing.

Indigo is still on the shelf.  More to come later.

Also thinking of a collaborative piece. When I get started on a couple of scenes, I'll give it over to my friend and see if she can fill in the missing parts.  It'll be a first to write a play in a collaborative way but it'll be interesting to see what we come up with.  Definitely a comedy.

There are a couple of plays on Broadway coming up that I want to go see...Harvey with Jim Parsons is one that I am absolutely looking forward to seeing.  A former professor of mine, Patrick Horrigan has his play You Are Confused out next week at Atlantic Stage 2.  Which reminds me I have to get tickets for that one. Clybourne Park by Bruce Norris will be coming out again soon...wouldn't mind seeing that one.  There is so much too see, but I need to be picky.

My music today has changed over to Portishead.  Definitely a low-key kind of day.  I've been getting over a migraine this weekend, so it's yummy music for my brain to take in.  :-)  Oh! One last thing, I listened to Winter Trees by The Staves again and it finally sunk in.  Very cool.  I'm putting up the YouTube video on this entry.  Found out they'll be playing in NYC this month, unfortunately, the gig is sold out.  Blah!


All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2012 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you 'got' The Staves. Pure sweet saccharine ear candy.

    ReplyDelete