Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The conversation continues...

An anonymous reader sent up the following suggestion: Winter Trees by The Staves. http://youtu.be/Ey2UdOqiTw8 Okay, I get it.
Good singers and sweet song. Hmmm….me, I’m looking for something far grittier these days. With the exception of Gotye’s song…I’ve been listening to music that has a bit of growl to it.
My current playing list looks something like this:

Any rock songs by P!nk, Bif Naked and PJ Harvey

Kelly Clarkson, Whyyawannabringmedown

Blue October, Hate Me

Drowning Pool, Bodies

Alkaline Trio, We’ve Had Enough
Gnarls Barkley, Crazy

Jack White, Love Interruption

Live, I Alone

Green Day, American Idiot Album

Three Days Grace, I Hate Everything About You

Anything with a bit of primal rage running as an undercurrent in the music…yeah! A shredding bass guitar helps too. Sitting in a very beige cubicle in a hushed space without a window nearby…well let’s just say that I need music that can scream for me. Still dealing with some angst from some of my hodge-podge of personal sh*t…and this music helps.

So if anyone has any killer songs…pass them my way. Just don’t send me Nickleback, Kings of Leon or Rammstein. I may start going backwards and listen to rock songs from the 70’s and 80’s, ‘cause you gotta go back to your roots sometimes. Who doesn’t love a bit of Queen or Guns N’ Roses?
With all that said, I'm leaving you with Alkaline Trio's, We've Had  Enough...I know the video is crap but the music is what matters...right? 


Rock on people…rock on!!
L~

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2012 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment