Thursday, February 9, 2012

Feeling Good

Today, I seemed to be moving in slow-motion while the rest of the world seemed to be stuck on fast-forward. I missed my morning train (ergh) but as I waited for the next train on the open air platform, I had a moment. The morning sun was shining on my face and the cold, brisk air smelled of early spring and my heart felt wide open. For a moment, I was glad that I was alive and breathing. Being in the present moment.


In light of that moment, Nina Simone’s song, Feeling Good came to mind. Now I went on YouTube to see if I could find a live performance from Nina Simone and could only find re-mixes. The best I could do was Buble’s version: VoilĂ . I think the Script’s song, Breakeven (that has had a strangle hold on me for the past couple of weeks) has finally started to loosen up. Thank goodness...who can breathe with that much angst?  The melancholy comes in waves and today it's receded enough to enjoy the sun on my face.  Enjoy!



All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2012 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment