Friday, April 14, 2017

Gary Clark Jr. - Our Love & Lorde - Liability

It's April 14th and the weather has been sunny and mild most of the week. Spring is finally in the air. I'm hoping we can enjoy it for a little while before we hit 90 degree weather. I love the Spring, I feel like my body starts to wake up from its hibernating state. I tend to look for the sunniest spots whenever I have to be indoors and in a meeting. I take more breaks from the computer to sit outside in the sun by Citi's plaza. Just have to time it when there is down time.

It's been very busy at my day job which is good, it makes the day go by faster, but I'm suffering from a bit of spring fever. I want to go away and travel for a bit. Sit on a beach somewhere, drink copious amounts of margaritas with a healthy dose of tequila in it and find a good book that's either a fast, fun read or that's elegant with language. I think that's why I let my friend talk me into another holiday in Italy again this year.  I thought for sure I was going to save a little cash and try to book a trip to Paris instead. There is always next year. Someone used this expression "champagne problems".  She was referring to work, I am referring to: "Poor me. I'm going to Italy again to one of my favorite spots.  Boohoo." Haha. That just made me laugh. I love Sorrento, it's a sleepy little town by the water, where I can unplug from my life, where I can read or write for long stretches of time, where the slow pace of town seeps into my bone marrow. Truly lovely. It's not going to happen until the Fall but at least I can daydream a little about it.

I think I'm using up most of my vacation time with that trip. Eesh. Americans! It will be another two years before I earn another 5 more days of vacation. Bah! Can we say it again? "champagne problems." I'm grateful for the steady work, the ability to pay my bills, food and shelter...what more does a girl need in this new paradigm.

I was reading an article in the New York Times Magazine about the singer Lorde: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/12/magazine/the-return-of-lorde.html
I really like her music because I really like her lyrics. Yes, I am that person who actually listens to the words in a song. She's definitely a poet at heart and I find her view of the world interesting and compelling. I've attached the audio of Liability:


Because of Lorde, I've been on the hunt for new music. Something low and soulful. Songs that break me open. I've hit up my favorite artists first to see what new music they've put out into the world recently. I'm a little tired of the overproduced/synthesized sounds/songs that are on the charts that have no soul, no heart. *shrug* I've had Nina Simone and Gary Clark Jr. on heavy rotation.  Check out Gary Clark Jr.'s Our Love:


Enjoy! Let the music wash over you.
Peace-
L~


All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2017 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment