Thursday, January 22, 2015

Willie Perdomo - The Essential Hits of Shorty Bon Bon

The National Books Critics Circle announced the 2014 finalists on Jan. 19th.  Every time a book award list comes out I scan it eagerly to see who made it.  There have been years when, I will admit, there have been tinges of jealousy but not this time.  This year, a fellow writer from my writing program Willie Perdomo made it onto the list and when I saw his name I wanted to cheer out loud in my very quiet office space.  He was nominated for his book of poetry: The Essential Hits of Shorty Bon Bon (penguin books). How bloody fantastic is that?! I wanted a chance to cheer for one of our own from Long Island University Graduate Writing Program.  Here's to Willie Perdomo, a truly deserving poet.

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2014 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment