Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Iyeoka--Simply Falling

It’s a wet slushy Tuesday and I just realized this morning that I have a hole in my snow boots. So side stepping one slushy crater I accidently stepped into another puddle only to have water seep into my boot. Booooooo!! I didn’t let that deter me since I was running late this morning. Then I raced up the escalators to try to catch my train only to have the doors close right before I got there. * grumble, grumble * Missing the train is usually not a big deal, but today there were signal problems so the next train sat in the station for 20 minutes. * sigh * When we finally got moving, my express train turned local. * ergh * By this time, I was wishing I had taken the day off. No such luck. I thought as long as the train is moving, we’re good right? We made it to 125th street where I decided to transfer over to an actual express train. Managed to make it onto the train but we were packed in like sardines. I only had three stops surely I could manage tight quarters for three express stops. The lady behind me with three large totes made it difficult to stand up right because she kept pushing around to make room for herself and her carry on luggage (I mean purses). Fine. She won that round but with each new stop as more people crowded in I was holding down the panic that was starting to rise. I really hate being squished in. Twelve minutes of that confined space was all I could manage, thank goodness my stop came up before I lost my damned mind. I could barely squeeze out of the train, it was so packed and the people who wanted to get on were blocking my way out. I did what any self-respecting New Yorker could do, I pushed hard out of the train. It was like a re-birthing exercise. Hahaha! Once out, I could breathe again and I walked to catch the shuttle cross town (I was already so late) and the shuttle was just as bad. Tight as sardines. Ergh!! I really hate my morning commute today. I decided to go get some breakfast, there is no way that I am going to rush up to the office without getting my favorite ham and egg sandwich and a large tea with milk. Yum!! After all that trying to race in, I just stopped caring after the shuttle train. Now I am sitting at my desk unable to get my day started.

Anyway, I came across this singer just now and loved her vibe. I know one or two people out there will dig her voice. Iyeoka-Simply Falling

 
Enjoy!!

L~

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2013 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment