Tuesday, January 15, 2013

What Day Is It?

Hmm, it’s been 10 days since my last entry and I’m trying to collect my thoughts as I write this entry.

I went to see the movie Silver Lining Playbook last week. I thought it was an intense movie in the very beginning so much so that I almost walked out of the theater. Cooper playing the part of Pat reminded me too much of my ex-brother-in-law. I got fidgety and uncomfortable and I really wanted to leave. But I stayed put and kept watching and the movie shifted when Lawrence character Tiffany stalks / jogs Pat. The humor started to emerge and the movie snuck up on me and won me over. DeNiro is fantastic as Pat’s dad. I know Jennifer Lawrence is the new “IT” girl because of the Hunger Games movies and I told someone recently that she struck me as a flat character actress. But I was reminded that she was amazing as Ree in Winter’s Bone. A little indie movie that came out a couple of years ago. Silver Lining Playbook a decent movie and I’m glad people are checking it out now that there’s so much Oscar buzz.


Let’s see my latest music obsession is Pearl and the Beard. Little indie music group from Brooklyn. Their music is on perpetual play on my iPod. I picked up both their albums, Killing Their Darlings (2011) and God Bless Your Weary Soul, Amanda Richardson (2009). I love, love, love this group and I’m attaching Voice in My Throat to this entry. More people need to know about them because they are too fantastic to miss. Lovely music.
Lastly, work on the novel is still moving along. I find myself fighting to go back and make major revisions. I’m just trying to reach the end at this point. I’m closer than I was yesterday.
Best,
Lily~

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2013 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment