Monday, July 23, 2012

Uhm, yeah!

This weekend I went to see Oliver Stone's Savages.  Eeek!  The violence was a bit more than I could bear.  I should know better from Stone but I was intrigued and wanted to see...now I wish I hadn't.  Ergh.  Oh, and I have to say that I really don't like movies that gives two endings, come on!  What a freaking cop out.  Choose one and go with it!!  My preference would have been the first version.  And Salma Hayek was AMAZING!  And Benecio del Toro was uber-creepy and reminded me of some family members...weird but true.

It's early in the morning and I had some time to kill before I had to hop on a train to go to work so I thought I'd post an entry.  Better now than later.  I went to bed early last night...I'm starting to feel a bit under the weather.  I'm not sure if I'm coming down with a cold or my hypochondria has kicked in.  I visited my mom in the hospital on Saturday.  She had knee replacement surgery done.  Poor mami.  She was in a lot of pain the first three days.  Ergh!  By the time I went to see her on Friday night, she was feeling better.  Altho' that visit taught me that I should never, ever be a nurse 'cause I tried helping her to the bathroom and managed to bump her bad leg three times.  Oops, sorry mami.

On Saturday, I stopped by and kept her company for a couple of hours and Ces and her kids stopped by.  Around lunch time the nurse came in with a tray of food and my two youngest nieces sat right next to my mom because they wanted to eat too.  Really?!  Hospital food?  Yes, indeed-y.  They ate bread with butter and managed to eat the boiled carrots and slices of roast beef.  Well the nurse took pity on us and gave us an extra tray of food.  LOL!  My nieces are scavengers...LOL! Very funny to watch.  They reminded me of a swarm of locusts...once they finished they went back to watching cartoons.
My mom's church lady friends stopped by while she was away doing her physical therapy so there I was trying to entertain these older Spanish women.  They bombarded me with questions since they barely knew me...I felt like I was in the middle of an inquisition.  My grandmother jumped me and save me from having to answer too many personal questions.  Go grandma!  She's old school, not into sharing too much personal info with people because she thinks it'll be used against you.  Hehehe.  At that moment, I sure appreciated it.

Anyway, mami comes out of the hospital on Wednesday.  I'll go trek down to Brooklyn tonight for a visit, then hop on the express line back to the Bronx.  I've got a long day ahead of me so I may as well go get my day started.

Peace,

L~


All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2012 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment