Saturday, February 17, 2018

Muse at Full Alert

It's an overcast day on this cold Saturday afternoon in February.  Brrr. I'm sitting at my desk and I showed up to the page today.  What does that mean? I have a deadline and instead of watching tv or cleaning, I chose to write. Full on. I spent the morning writing and came out with quite a few pages. I won't attach a value to it...good, bad, shitty first draft. Instead, I'm grateful for the quiet space to be able to get it done.

I'm working on a play. I'm trying to get a playwriting fellowship with a theater. This piece that I need to submit has to be 60 pages.  And it's due on March 1st. Yesterday I wrote 1.5 pages at work when I had a quiet moment. I emailed the words to my personal account and opened up that bad boy this morning and went to town.  I managed 14 pages today.  I'm glad the submission does not have to be a finished product otherwise I would have found every excuse under the sun not to even try.

Perhaps these deadlines help get me out of my stalling tactics. Now I'm in a straight up panic, writing as quickly as i can to get the idea down before my muse decides to flee the scene. Poor thing.  She's been so neglected for so long that she's like a starving artist coming up to a feast.  She wants me to keep writing but I need a break. I spent five hours working and now I need to take a long walk in the city to get my blood circulating again.

Just needed to write this quick entry first. All for now.
Peace,
L~


All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2018 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment