Tuesday, August 15, 2017

an unanswered call

I used to be better about keeping up with this web log. Lately, it's been relegated to the bottom of my to-do list...you remember, that same list that I was going to tear up. Part of it has been my day job has been keeping me busy so the last thing I want to do at night is get on a computer. Another part of it has been this blog was always supposed to be about the creative process, yes some personal tidbits would fall in but for the most part it was about creativity.  Since I have NOT been working creatively, well let's just say I have less to write about.

I have been actively reading...I just finished The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls. It was an interesting read because she told her story in a matter-of-fact way. Her background as a reporter helped create some distance so that her story never felt self-pitying. And there was a couple of heartbreaking moments that resonated long after I closed the book. Well worth the read. 

I haven't started reading a new book yet. I have quite a few of them piled up by my bedside. My brain won't turn off long enough to take on a new book. The grey matter has been beating down my door trying to get me to work on something of my own. And for some reason, I keep ignoring the call. It reminds me of this fact: "the universe will throw pebbles to get your attention, and if you don't answer the call it will throw rocks, and if you don't answer the call it will throw bricks, etc, etc."  Where is that from? Probably Oprah. Well the whole damn sky is about to rip open and I'm still navel gazing, pulling the old ostrich maneuver, unable to muster a good god damn to make anything happen. Why?

There is no good reason, only lame excuses and why bore you with those. My muse is dancing on the sidelines asking me to come play and I am picking at the peeling wallpaper replying, "I don't wanna." Bah! Even I get a bit impatient with myself. 
Peace,
L~


All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2017 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment