Wednesday, July 5, 2017

pointy knives

i spent the evening writing. a shoddy paragraph and a healthy journal entry. i've needed some downtime to bitch and whine on the page. i can feel my patience waning lately. i've spent a lot of time giving of myself and not doing enough to replenish my spirit. my muse is sulky and in quite a mood so i am doing my best to give her a chance (and some much needed space) to throw her temper tantrum. after a couple of hours she's finally subdued in the corner. still sulking but at least no longer coming at me with daggers. her knives are pointy. in the meantime, i've been listening to ben howard, city and colour, pearl & the beard, james bay, bon iver, the lumineers and daughter to keep me company while i try to extrapolate some coherent thoughts onto the page. i think i'm done for the night tho'. squeezed dry. tomorrow i will try for another shitty first draft.


All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2017 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment