Sunday, March 1, 2015

Working Sunday

The last couple of weeks I've been frustrated with the creative writing.  So much so that I've lost my equilibrium.  If I'm not writing, I'm losing my mind.  It's been hectic in the day job and my usual steady state has been topsy-turvy.  

I had drinks with my very good friend CF on Friday night.  She encouraged me to just give playwriting another try.  As I was waiting for the train, a small idea took shape and I grabbed my journal and began to write.  I had the beginning of something.

I spent the whole day on Sunday working on a 10-minute play.  Good lord, it's been awhile since I've tried writing a scene.  I feel rusty. The conflict is too easy...I need to raise the stakes.  Make the conflict a bit more difficult on the characters. Make them work for what they want.  It's the issue I am constantly struggling with on the page.  After one day of writing, I am starting to feel like my old self.  Strange how that happens.  It's like all the chatter that happens in my head begins to die down.

All the contentious issues I'm dealing with in my personal life and my day job become not quite so big. The problems deflate a bit.  And I'm able to stop reminiscing about lost love.  Thank goodness.

Peace,
L~


All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2015 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment