Thursday, July 7, 2011

writer ripping her hair out

Dear Readers,
I’ve hit a snafu and I’m in a state of shock over my mistake. I was sending some of my newer pages to one of my writing group buddies and I thought I saved the revised version as a new document. I then proceeded to delete the rest of Chapter 3 because I thought I had the older version intact. That wasn’t the case. I deleted 10 pages of work and I had not printed any of it out. I can’t believe I made such a careless mistake. Even now, I keep staring at the list of documents hoping that it shows up. But there is only one Chapter 3 available and it only has 6 pages on it. I am gob-smacked. I can’t believe the rest of the pages are gone. And I know I don’t have a copy of it on my home computer. I’ve been working on my novel online so I haven’t had the chance to download my new pages onto my laptop. *head in hands *…okay it’s official…I’m now having a sucky day. It’s a bit gut-wrenching and although I know where the story is going…to have to recreate those pages…argh! I was going to my studio tonight to paint but going home to re-write that chapter is higher on my priority list. Wish me luck ‘cause I’m gonna need it.

Peace,

Lily~

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2011 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment