Monday, July 11, 2011

I’m taking a mental break.

Tonight I am off to yoga.
Afterwards home to spend some time working on rebuilding chapter 3.

I’ve also made a decision to let go of the studio in Harlem.

As excited as I was of having a space to work on my art, it just doesn’t make economical sense to have a separate work space right now

I want to focus all of my efforts on this novel. All of my spare time needs to be about writing, writing, and re-writing so I can get it done.

I’m scaling back to make some room for this creative work.

This feels like the right decision for me right now.

If need be, I can always work on my art in the apartment. My work has started shrinking to about a 10”x10” dimension. Part of it has been practicality. Part of it has been smaller pieces have begun to pop for me. Either way, giving up the studio doesn’t mean I’ll stop painting.

One last thing I wanted to share….check out Florence + The Machine’s, Cosmic Love. Her voice is AMAZING!!  I can't stop listening to it. 



All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2011 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment