Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Hello, hello, hello...anyone out there?

I was reminded by a fan *cough, cough, stalker* that I haven’t given anyone an update in awhile. Wow, I’ve been a total slacker. Sorry folks for that.

Well during vacation I came down with an impossible chest cold which had me bed-ridden for the better part of the week. Fevers, body aches, hacking cough, you get the picture? Not a pretty sight. In the midst of this crazy cold, I made it to my studio a couple of times and managed to paint a little. I’ll post pics of some of that work shortly.

As for the novel, *ta-ta-ta-tum dramatic music comes up* I’ve managed to work through Chapter 3 (three times). To be honest, the story has been irksome lately. It keeps moving in a direction that I have no clue about. What is up with that?!! So I keep have to futz with it so it makes sense. And the new turn of events has me creeped out. Yes, as the writer elements of it creeps me out. After I wrote up this last scene, I was trembling and upset that my protagonist went through something super-violent. I keep having to remind myself to trust the process. Trust? Trust: confident expectation of something; hope. Hmmm no wonder I am stumbling…I have to be hopeful that it will all turn out okay. I’ll have to mull over that bit in my spare time while I work through another edit of chapter three.

Then last week I went back at work (day job). What can I say about it now that won’t make me sound like I’m whinging? This week is a shorter week but I feel a nervous tension coiling up in my belly these days. I think I have to start laying off the iced coffee. Too many hits of caffeine has me climbing my internal/mental walls. Ick!

So this week my goal is to make it through Chapter 3 one last time and move through Chapter 4. I think I can do another chapter, just have to put my head down and get to work. So that is what I’m trying to do…I’ll write more tomorrow to update on the progress.

Peace,


L~

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2011 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment