Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Piano Teacher

So over the weekend in my quest for rest and recovery time I watched a french movie called The Piano Teacher.  This was a dark twisted movie and in my current state of mind appropriate.

There is a moment when the protagonist Erika begins to crack open to let another human being in and I was rooting for her to find love and get her happily ever after but it went terribly terribly wrong. (I should have know, it is a french film after all.) And the moment it goes wrong it was heartbreaking to watch.  She is this broken creature too damaged to let love in.  And when the young love interest tries to fulfill her desires, he in turn is tainted with the damage he causes.  It's absolutely devastating.  The story has stayed with me for the past couple of days now.  It hasn't let go, there are scenes that replay in my head and I want her to make another choice.  It's a long film, close to three hours, and at the very end...I still wanted her to be well enough to reach for what she craved most.  The ending is brutal for a hopeless romantic like myself.

The movie made such a deep impression that I wanted to share it.

Lily~


All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2011 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment