Saturday, January 8, 2011

Lousy week

I really thought after having such an excellent time with the MOMA visit that it would be all butterflies and daffodils the rest of the week.  Boy was I wrong!!  I've had the lousiest week ever.  Where do I begin?

Well, first off, I didn't write this week (with the exception of that one blog entry, nothing else.) That alone has left me in a foul mood.  I've allowed life distractions to get in the way and now I'm feeling irked at myself.  I had some real momentum going a couple of weeks ago with the story and since then I haven't written a thing.  Ergh!   What crap!! Then I lost my monthly metrocard (which I just bought)...and I'm one of those people that really really really hates losing things.  I felt myself going a little mental over it...even turning my bag inside out and still not coming to terms with the fact that it was gone.

Then on another morning, I actually got stopped by cops and had my bag inspected...I hate that!!  Fascist pigs!!...on a day that I was running late for work, which made me miss my train and I got to the office almost twenty minutes late.  Again, what crap!!  I feel hollowed out...like someone scooped my insides and left a shell of a person standing on my stoop.  To top everything off I've come down with another chest cold...which has left me feverish, with body aches and a rattling cough...so much so that I can't sleep.  Which explains why I'm up at 1:44 am writing this blog entry.

I did manage to take a sick day from work yesterday...just couldn't get myself out of bed after a hacking cough the night before.  This morning, I reached out to a friend needing some sympathy only to have the conversation start to go down on a rant about incompetent people.  Not really what I wanted to hear and left me hanging up pretty quickly and hiding under my duvet.  So now I can't sleep.  I'm tossing and turning and coughing and there is no Nyquil to be found in the medicine cabinet.  Mental note to buy a bottle in the morning and some Lipton chicken noodle soup.  I'm really glad this week is over.



All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2011 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch, we all have these I guess, but that doesn't make it any better. Sometimes being under the duvet and drinking hot tea (and on these frigid winter days) is the best place to be.

    ReplyDelete