Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Rambling

I am distracted today. It’s a mild day and I’d rather be almost anywhere else. I’m sitting in a corporate office, navel-gazing. I just went for a quick walk outside and bought myself a decadent latte. Whatever hasn’t spilled onto my black trench is being slowly sipped, savored.

The writing has been going…on Monday night I added another 860 words to my novel. Word count keeps me moving forward. Last night, I couldn’t bear the quiet nor the blank page so I ran from it, curled myself on the couch and read Stephen King’s latest book, Full Dark, No Stars. It’s a collection of short stories. I don’t know what I think of it yet since I’m only half way through the first story. I’ll write more about it when I’ve read more.

Another sip of bitter coffee. I want to gripe and complain about someone but I’m a bit tired of doing that. I’m staring at my scuffed up black sneakers…it’s time for a pair of new shoes. My cat has gnawed the leather off the backs of the ones I’m wearing. Maybe not the best choice in footwear but I woke up very late this morning, 7:36 am. They were the closest to the front door and easiest to slip on. I hauled ass as quickly as my stubby legs could take me. I managed to be only five minutes late.

I despise being late. There is something in my hardwiring that makes sure I arrive promptly with time to spare. Even when I try to be late for an event, I still manage to be the first one to arrive. I’m wound up tight. Can’t help it. Something in the genetic make-up. My dad is the same way.

I’m looking at the calendar. We have 20 days left before the end of November. I’m thinking about Christmas shopping for my three young nieces. The oldest is in dire need of some art supplies. The two younger ones want every girlie toy they see on commercials. My folks are always hard to shop for…there are just so many watches I can buy my dad. Oh!! And his birthday is this month too. Yikes. I need to make an effort to come up with a decent gift. Sorry, I know this is a bit of a rambling blog but my brain seems to be mired in the minutia of the every day. I’d really like to get some small gifts for everyone before December arrives. I just know once the holiday is in full gear, I won’t want to bother. I don’t really like the shopping crush that happens. Bah-Humbug!

Anyway, that’s all she wrote today…I’m going back to staring out the window.

L~


All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2010 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment