Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Scorched Page

Dear Friends,

As you may know, I’ve been working on rebuilding my life to revolve around my creative writing and art.  Hopefully establishing myself as a full-fledged working writer/artist.

For the past two and a half months, I’ve been at an artist residency at Osage Arts Community in Belle, MO working on several projects.  I am really excited about self-publishing my very first book of poetry entitled A Scorched Page.  It’s exciting to finally see these pieces unified and in print. 

This project feels like a turning point where my energies and focus are on what I love to do best which is to create.  Yes, I could have gone the regular route of waiting for an indie publishing house to accept my manuscript BUT taking the project into my own hands to see it come to fruition really gives me a sense of pride and satisfaction.  My years of working in the publishing industry finally paid off. 

Of course, this project does have its costs and in these hard economic times, I could really use your help in making it happen.  Having just finished graduate school, I can’t do this alone.  Your support would mean a great deal to me and would help this endeavor get off the ground. 

I’ve recently been approved to become a fiscally sponsored project of Fracture Atlas, which means your donations would be completely tax-deductible.  If you would like to make a contribution online please go to https://www.fracturedatlas.org/site/contribute/donate/3371  my project name is: CREATIVE WRITING AND ART CAREER.

If you would like to send a check, please make it payable to Fractured Atlas and send contributions to:

Liliana Almendarez
444 Prospect Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11215

Thank you for your generous support.

Sincerely,


Liliana Almendarez
 


All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2010 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment