Monday, March 15, 2010

An Odd Day


Today I am off-kilter, floppy, not totally here, not totally there.  The world seems unreal, I woke up a stranger to myself.  Last night, I dreamt I was married to a German man who went out and bought me twin blond eight-year boys when I told him I wanted kids.  We lived in a very white apartment, stark and empty.  I sat in his lap and brushed his blond hair with my hand and told him I thought we would talk things over, I didn’t expect him to buy me boys on a whim.  He didn’t understand why I was protesting, his impatience frightened me and I told him we would make do.  What does that mean?  Make do* of two stolen children, what an odd thing for me to say. 

I lit a fire to burn paper in metal drums.  The flames flicked past the edge and I watched small pieces of burnt paper hover and float away. White smoke escapes.  The sun tried to make an appearance today but the clouds were dense and unforgiving.  

*made a small correction.  Changed DUE to DO.  Who knew?  Wow and I call myself an English graduate.  I think someone is revoking my card-carrying status somewhere.  Thanks for pointing out the oversight.  Keen eyes are always appreciated.  

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2010 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

1 comment:

  1. Hee hee!
    (By the way, my word verification for this comment was: bledum)

    ReplyDelete