Saturday, April 18, 2015

Catch Up Post - 04.18.15

It's been very busy the last couple of weeks both with the day job and on the personal side.  On the day job, my department moved buildings.  Not a small task and really after a long day...I've been going home to decompress which means very little creative time set aside.  Leaving me a bit grumpy away from work. It's trying to find my center again every single day.  Things are finally starting to slow down which means I can focus on the writing.

I spent the morning tweaking a 10-minute play I wrote last month.  Tweaking mean no crazy revision.  It's changing a line or two.  Oh wait, I did delete 3.5 pages so maybe this does count as a revision.  It felt good to get back to my work.

I also managed to clear my desk-FINALLY.  It's amazing how quickly things pile up. And for some reason every scrap of paper I've come to contact seems to naturally gravitate to my desk top. I can think now that I've sorted out the mess in my room. It's been a thorn in my brain looking at it every single day for the past couple of months.

I am still waiting to hear back from Carve Magazine to see if they have accepted my short story Clara Betta.  I made up my mind that if they decide NOT to publish it, I'm going to go ahead and post it on my blog as a three-part entry.  Just need to hear back.  Ergh.  Next month will  be the 6 month mark.  Maybe I'll submit it to The New Yorker.  See if they'll pick up my story. One can dream, no?  Getting published in The New Yorker has been one of my goals since my early 20s.  I think I need to revisit some of my life goals and make some adjustments...The New Yorker will remain until I can tick it off.

What else, what else?  Today, I am throwing my sister's Bridal Shower.  It will be a Spa day and then dinner at Dos Caminos on Park Avenue.  It's a small group of ten women. G*d help me.  I am looking forward to it and I hope my sister enjoys herself.  Wish me love and luck.  Cause I could use a bit of both in equal measure.

I'm off to find myself a bit of lunch...

Peace,

Lily~
 

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2015 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment