Sunday, October 12, 2014

Jackie of all Trades, Master of None


I spent the weekend helping my father renovate our bathroom. Which means I assisted him to cut copper pipes, passed tools while he soldered them into elbow joints, helped cap the open pieces, and held the fire extinguisher when he fired a pipe that was inside the wall.  Eesh.  I have one small burn from melted metal, ouch.  We are not done yet tho', not by a long shot.  There is still so much more left to do and after 11 hours of work on Saturday...I already want to quit. 

On Sunday, I had the day off from being an assistant which means I cleaned house and some laundry. Also unpacked boxes now that I've cleared out my storage space. Trying to figure out what I should keep and what I should chuck.  

Tomorrow, will be more assistant duty.  I just don't know how far we'll get with the work.  More pipes to run across the basement. Not to mention resurfacing the wall, and retiling the floor.  It's going to take us another two weeks before we finish.  

Writing has been put on hold in the meantime.  Ergh.  I am always much moodier when I don't have time to write. I'm going to have to sneak some time in during the week.  I may just get up early again and start writing first thing in the morning.  Might be the tonic I need to face the rest of my day.


All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2014 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment