Monday, August 12, 2013

Catching Up

Monday.  It's a grey overcast day and it's a good day to write.  I've spent the late morning/early afternoon working on the novel.  It's coming along. That's as much as I'll say about the writing. I've hit my wall though.  I need more caffeine.  I made the mistake of drinking decaf tea earlier and now I'm paying for it with big open-mouthed yawns. I have more work to transcribe so I'm going to take a little break, freshen up my cuppa tea, move around a bit, perhaps a bite for lunch (leftovers) and then back to work.

My temp gig ended last Friday and for a change it didn't freak me out.  I thought: at least I'll have some time to work on the writing.  Altho' my very efficient agency may have another gig lined up for me starting tomorrow.  In the meantime, it's a good day to get some of my own work done.  Yay.

Let's see, this weekend, I caught up with a couple of shows that my friend Tony has been telling me to watch for ages.  The Fall with Gillian Anderson.  It's a UK crime show and she's brilliant in it.  There are only a handful of episodes so I was able to watch most of them.

Also, I started watching Hemlock Grove on Netflix.  That show I'm still on the fence.  Lili Taylor plays a guest role and I love her to bits in this series. The lead characters feel a bit stilted for me but I only managed to watch a couple of them so far.  Famka Janssen also plays a character and she steals the show. The evil characters always seem so much more interesting than the do-gooders. She definitely has the creepy mama vibe working for her.

That's all I have for now.  Off to find more tea.
Peace,
L~

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2013 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

1 comment:

  1. Hemlock Grove is a total homage to Gothic-style oppulence and melodrama. This show is not meant to be read too deeply, but rather one to get lost in the drama and decoration. Sometimes it is kookie and it plays with logic, but that is Gothic style, but ultimately is is about emotion. That being said, some of the characters, like the one played by Famke, and Shelly, Clementine the hunter, and the soothsayer cousin, are real standouts for me and I am curious about where each of their stories lead. It is kind of like being fascinated by a train wreck. You are not really interested in the history of the train, but really just the events that lead to the crash and the details of the aftermath.
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete