Friday, December 21, 2012

It’s a cold, wet Friday morning and I am drinking green tea with ginseng and honey. I think I’m coming down with a cold. I am achy, my throat hurts and my head is thick and foggy. Wish I had brought a scarf to work today. I sit slightly under one of those air vents so I have cold air coming down upon me. Good thing I dressed in layers, t-shirt and a sweater (at one time was thick and plush thing but today resembles a thin veneer of a sweater). Up until now I’ve been really good about staying healthy, washing my hands, moving away from the sickly members, co-workers and strangers alike, but I think Patient X in my circle was my sister’s boyfriend. Ergh! He’s been sick for the past week and has been in the apartment. I should have banned him as soon as he started sneezing. Alas, my sister would have quashed the idea. * humph *

Tomorrow I head to Brooklyn to help my mami make pork pasteles, which means black hands from handling green plantains. She gives me a pair of medical gloves but I can never seem to find a way to grate the plantains with those things on.

Anyway, I’ve been in the Holiday spirit this year. Humming Christmas carols to myself. I have three favorites: Mariah Carey’s “All I want for Christmas is You”, “Baby it’s Cold Outside” sung by Zooey Deschanel and Julie Andrews “Favorite things.” Okay, I know the last one is technically not a christmas song but Sound of Music always comes on t.v. around the holidays so I associate the two together.

My mood has been considerably better now that I’m taking some good quality vitamins. Project Healthy Me has had its ups and downs (pun intended). I seem to be circling around the same five pounds at the moment. I am still down 23 lbs. At one point I hit a 27 lb loss but that was short-lived and up I went again. There are some weeks that I am focused and aware…and then there are some weeks that it feels too hard and I don’t want to track anymore. Then I get back on that horse and continue. I need to get some more movement on my dance card. That’s the only way this weight loss will really take hold. I’m holding myself back. I see my hesitancy and my lack of motivation despite the fact that my body craves more movement.

The writing is still going. I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I see the finish line up ahead and I’m trying not to cramp up and stop. I am almost 200 pages in with less than 50 pages to go…unless the story opens up again I follow it down another rabbit hole. Hehehe. Seriously though, I’ve been wrangling with a point of logic in the story and I need to untangle it for the rest of the words to come out. So with teeth to logistical knot I am trying to loosen it up and smooth it out for the rest of the piece to keep moving forward to its inevitable end. I’ll try to keep you posted but lately it’s been either putting up a post or working on the novel. The novel has been winning out. Yay.

Okay last bit, I was looking for new music the other day and came across this artist: Ben Howard – Only Love. I can’t stop listening to it. Check him out.

Best,



L~

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2012 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment