Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I jinxed myself.

I was telling a co-worker that I was NOT going to get sick this season. Boy was I wrong. Friday I had a scratchy throat and by Sunday it was a full blown head cold. Argh! I did manage to run a few errands on Saturday and meet up with my writing group to talk about the craft of writing. We took a look at some of our favorite writers to show what we think good writing looks like. Cool indeed. Afterwards, we hit a wine bar to have a couple of glasses of wine. I woke up on Sunday with a full blown cold. Ergh!!

Once I was up and about, I convinced myself that I was well enough to go into Little Italy to try to find a restaurant with my sister. Lo and behold we happened to hit the San Genero festival….eeek!! Too many people and not enough room to walk. After walking the length of Spring street and unable to find the place we were looking for…we hopped in a cab and went back cross town to one of our favorite spots on MacDougal called Snack. Yummy Greek food. We had lamb sandwiches, and an assortment of appetizers of tzizki, stuffed grape leaves, potato garlic puree, feta cheese with warm pita bread. And let’s not forget the Mimosa and Bellini. As good as the food was…I was chilled to the bone from out trek through little Italy.

By the time I made it home...well let’s just say, I crashed hard. The next day I could barely get out of bed. I called in sick and spent the day curled under my duvet. I had some homemade stew left and ate a little of that but mostly I drank lots of tea.

Today, I’m back at work…I feel better than yesterday…but I can feel the heaviness of being ill. I can’t really afford to take another sick day so I’m as bright and bushy tail as someone with a head cold can be.
All for now.

Peace,
L~
P.S.  I'm putting below The Lumineers' video of Ho Hey.  It's a sweet song that's grown on me so enjoy!! 
All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2012 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment