Thursday, November 17, 2011

I’ve spent the better part of the day working on one component to a grant application. I’m bleary eyed and bored of it. How does one come up with a narrative bio that doesn’t bore the reader to tears? Ergh! I wrote one up but it doesn’t seem quite right yet. It just feels like something is missing. I have time before the deadline but I was hoping to send it in this weekend. So I can move onto the next application for a playwriting contest. *yawn* I’ve bored myself with my own writing, never a good sign. Hehehe

It’s a grey rainy day in New York Sitty and I’m cold and achy despite the many cups of tea I’ve had so far. I’m listening to Bon Jovi’s, Living on a Prayer. Great rock song!! Wish I could belt along with it but I think my co-workers would not appreciate my off-key version.

I wanted to share this Broadway tidbit: Seminar written by Theresa Rebeck. A comedy about four young writers and their private instructor played by Alan Rickman. I laughed so hard, I was crying. I went to see it last Saturday while it was still in previews. Rebeck captures the stereotypical young writers so well and is so on point that I could hardly breathe. Rickman is stellar as a jaded writer, I’ve always been a big fan and his cast mates really played well against him. Hamish Linklater really captured the tortured writer. I think the only character that fell flat for me was Izzy. The actress, Hettienne Park, did well with the material that she had but I wanted the character to have a bit more dimension. Other than that, it was an amazing show and I’m glad I went. Also, it gives me hope knowing a woman wrote this piece…hoorah! A woman playwright can be produced on Broadway. Halleluiah!!

Okay, that’s all I’ve got for today!

Rock on people, rock on!!



L~


All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2011 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment