Monday, June 13, 2011

Falling off the face of the earth...

I keep falling off the face of the earth. First I’m here and then I’m not.

Still going to writing group, still writing (kind of), my inner critic is still on full blast and this Spring is being temperamental.

Appropriate enough. I’m wishing to be anywhere but here at the moment.

Alas, running away from one’s life is not really feasible these days,

especially since wherever you wind up you bring along the interior monologue.

Is there a way to cast it out, burn it down, silence it shut? Cause I could really use the respite.

Although I have the studio space, I have yet to spend time there to work.

Gotta do that but quick ‘cause I’m slowly losing my mind from sheer apathy.

That is such a thick heavy word—Apathy. It sinks the soul and wrangles one into a straightjacket.

Blocks the light, quiets the song and creates a zombie of sorts.


Will write more…when I’ve pulled my head out of the sand.

L~


All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2011 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment