Saturday, October 23, 2010

Today I am super duper grateful for my support system.  :-)  Last night, my writing group met and we discussed writing.  Lots of constructive feedback is good to hear.   Then Christine and I went to dinner and chatted a bit longer about what we’re struggling with in terms of writing. She suggested I put aside the play and work on my sci-fi story that has been bubbling up for me.  Mind you, Tony has been saying the same thing but I couldn’t hear him. I was stubbornly trying to push through this brick wall.  Anyway, the suggestion made a huge difference because I woke up this morning motivated.  So as I put to wash 5 loads of laundry, I am also going to spend the day putting the word out on some upcoming readings and taking some quiet time to write.  Those are my top two priorities everything else I get accomplished will be gravy.  Wish me luck~

It's now 1:25 pm in the afternoon and I spent the morning writing.  My eyes are sparkling.  I wrote up the first five pages to my very first sci-fi novel.  It's a rough first draft but it's exciting.  I also managed to finish three loads of laundry.  Two more to go and I'll be done with that as well. I could keep going with the story BUT I need some lunch and finish up some other things.  YAY!!!

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2010 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

2 comments:

  1. I'm just glad you finally heard the suggestion from SOMEONE! Yeah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone is writing these days, it must be the autumn weather.I'm looking forward to reading some good books soon written by both of you.

    ReplyDelete