Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Today is a new day.  My bad mood has subsided.  It might have something to do with the fact that I am sitting directly in front of my fan.  I woke up this morning, took a quick shower, ate a bowl of cold cereal, sat in front of my laptop and worked on my one-act play for 3.5 hours today. No excuses, just sat and tapped words onto an empty page.  Which by the way needs a title,... any suggestions will be taken into consideration.  :-)  I didn't even make myself a cup of tea...so without the help of caffeine, I sat and worked on my play.  It's coming along.  I worked in a new scene between Carlos and Astrid...which is still a little flat for me and I don't know what's missing yet but I'm taking it to my writing group this Friday for a little feedback.  Can't tell you how much this helps the process.  Otherwise, I would be sitting in my room pulling my hair out by my roots...and really the bald trend is just not a good look for me.  Some people can pull it off...but not me.

Anyway, I put in a brand new scene and revised a previous scene between Mona and Dylan.  Their fight is still a little too safe, it still needs a little more heat, turn the pressure up....but not sure how to raise the stakes yet.  I'll keep tweaking.  I am trying to get this one-act in a healthy place by the end of August.  I am submitting it / applying for the Ensemble Studio Theater One-Act Marathon for next year, deadline is September. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

What's next for today?  Two things:
1. I'm working on my website.  Easier said than done.
2. Working on creative goals for the NYFA workshop.

Both feel very time consuming and bit too much for right this minute.  I have to giggle because I am the queen of procrastination!!  Seriously!!  You would think that I would learn by now that if I work a little bit on it every day it doesn't feel so big and unwieldy.  Instead, I wait 'til my head is about to pop off from the stress of it before I start to manage it.

Well first the world cup semi-final game between Spain and Germany AND THEN website and goals. I could use a tiny 90-minute break.  Then back to work.  

;-)


All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2010 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment