Thursday, July 8, 2010

Let's see, I did not work on my goals nor my website yesterday or today.

Instead, I went to check out an apartment to rent with my sister in Crown Heights.  The place is still under construction and it's very cute but not really ready for tenants.  It's a 2.5 bedroom apartment but the place is narrow.

I feel a bit pinched for time and money lately.  Isn't everyone these days?  I'm trying not to focus on what I don't have and instead trying to focus on the roof over my head, clean drinking water, food in the fridge, a fan to keep me cool, and a working laptop.

But I can't help feeling stretched thin.  Stressed about my future.  It's a looming void of unknowns right now.  Being the self-proclaimed control-freak that I am, these unknowns feel outside of my control. Transition times are so disconcerting for me.  Looking for a new place to live, a new way to bring income into my life, writing, creative work, readings, writing groups, website work, figuring out goals...it's a lot right now.  I know it will all work out (I guess) but I can't help feeling a bit unsure of how things will unfold.
 
I am taking a deep breath, hoping for the best, and investing more time into the creative work.  At the end of the day, it's the thing that centers me, makes me feel whole, takes me away from the chattering doubts in my head and into the present moment.  Now if only I can remember this state of mind when I am panicking about my life.  ;-p


All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2010 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment