Friday, March 11, 2022

Hmmmmm...it's March 2022

I start and I stop. I start a line and then I erase it. What I want to write may not land well so I retract it. Yet I continue to try to find the end of the line correctly. There is so much going on in our little global community. No wonder billionaires are trying to shoot out into outer space and get off this planet. Escapist fantasies. 
In the midst of what is going on, I continue to work a day job that extracts way too much energy and too many brain cells. Feeling a bit crispy around the edges from too many hours, too much work, not enough support resources. I've been walking during my lunch hour to grab some air, spend some time away from my desk and to get some sunlight. I am way too pale these days and I've been trying these weird foot exercises that are giving me crazy shin splints pains/leg cramps. Ugh, no bueno. 
Anyway, I've been writing creatively, working on a new novel, working through a shitty first draft, showing my writing group and getting much needed feedback. I value their input but I'm not sure they really get it. Did I mention it's a shitty first draft? I'm still working out the story arc as I write it out so there are some things that I have figured out and some things that still need to be developed. It's a slow process but when my muse is awake she is greedy for a couple of hours of uninterrupted time. Hmmm. I try to give her what I can time-wise but sometimes she has to wait until the weekend before she gets her allotted time to create. 
Why am I writing now, here, after all this time? I really wanted to talk to someone and I reached out to a few people. I even got to chat with a few but after hanging up I was still restless. Work is stressful, but come on, when isn't it? I tried a little retail therapy but I realized I didn't want to add to my credit card bill. I skipped my yoga routine tonight because I was just plain tired. 
Then I came across the final version of Kylie Rothfield's Ghost and had to put it up on this blog to share. I can never resist a gorgeous voice or song; and thought, what the hell, let me write a line or two to see what comes out. I never know what I will actually share when I freewrite but it's March 2022 and it's been too quiet for too long and Spring is coming...after this next snowstorm, of course. I needed an outlet tonight and this is where I got it. 
Peace
LA

No comments:

Post a Comment