Monday, January 22, 2018

Elusive

I've collected quarters to call you.
How many will it take to reach you?
The slivered moon presses down
against the night sky. A song chased
down a hollow throat, lost. Piano
notes heard through the wall.
I have nothing left to show you.
Empty hands fill deep coat pockets.
Seams are torn Winter wind seeps in.
Knuckles chafed raw bleed thinly.
Did we forget our lesson when you
looked right through me? She never
liked questions in my poetry, red lines
across my question marks. A large white
swan in a multi-colored vest chased me
across a yard in my dream last night.
You've caught me sober. Don't drown
in your secrets. You've left snowy
footsteps across the floor. Let them
dry. A reminder that you were here once. 

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2018 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment