Sunday, February 5, 2017

6:29 - 7:48 pm - Sunday night

I had a productive weekend.  Managed to pack a few more boxes. Worked on the second half of a chapter. Read two chapters of Elizabeth Gilbert's Big Magic. My sister Vick gave me a copy and it's tickling my funny bone. Glad my sister insisted I read it.

I've been purging those bits and pieces that have accumulated in my apartment. Letting go of odds and ends.  Especially those things that haven't seen the light of day since I moved in a year and a half ago. There are a few canvas paintings that have been rolled up and stashed away that I'd like to have stretched and framed. Just need to find a place that will do it cheaply but nicely. Someone mentioned Michael's to me ...may have to check it out and see if that's possible

The next task is to go thru the paper files and throw away all the excess. As a writer, paper and books are the things that accumulate the fastest for me. It'll be good to let go of old projects that have had their day in the sun. It's time, it's time to let go and just shred the lot (more or less).

Even now I think about my friend Tony and how during one of his purges he threw out all his journals/artists journals. He regretted that move for years. I just need to slow down and try not to throw things out in an impulsive way. * deep breath *  My plan is to pack 2 or 3 boxes every night to get it done. I was going to try to push through and break down another bookshelf but my energy is flagging and I have to be at work at 7 am tomorrow.  So instead, I thought a blog entry was in order while watching the Super Bowl...go Falcons!!

Last but certainly not least...Daily Show's Trevor Noah is making some serious commentary on Trump's nominations.  I just saw his take on Betsy DeVos Trump's pick for Secretary of Education:
I laughed, I couldn't help it but I was also really crying on the inside because this administration is going to take us all the way back to the Stone Age.  I am so glad there are a few smart souls who can ask the tough questions,  Elizabeth Warren at the DeVos Senate Hearing:
I'm scared to see what Trump is going to do next but it's also making me very aware that I need to dig in and do my creative work. No more excuses.

With love,
L~

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2017 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

1 comment:

  1. I have a TED talk coming up, I turned to my thoughts of you and your writing process for inspiration. To bolster my resolve, I also watched this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86x-u-tz0MA&index=13&list=PL70DEC2B0568B5469 Mi amor siempre, S

    ReplyDelete