Monday, February 2, 2015

American Sniper

There was so much hype on American Sniper that I decided to go check this movie out on Saturday night.  Hmph.  I should have stuck to my indie flicks. As much as I like Clint Eastwood as a director and I do love the way he takes a quiet approach in shooting a script...this movie was too stark with not enough story arc. I thought the movie was way too long, it could have been edited down by at least 40 minutes.  I was yawning and shifting in my chair through half of it. I felt the soldier returning home and unable to connect with family could have been better developed.  The crying wife begging the husband to talk to her felt like every other relationship. I will say Bradley Cooper as Chris Kyle was pretty amazing. I didn't realize he had this much range as an actor so it was great to see him with some definite intention.  I know there are a lot of people out there who love this movie but I just don't get it.  What am I missing?

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2014 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment