Thursday, November 7, 2013

A Decent Writing Jag

Hmmm, I had a pretty decent writing jag today.  I wrote the backstory for one of my characters to get a better sense of who she is and what motivates her. I had started on this some weeks ago but I stopped once I became sick.  I picked up where I left off and I was able to keep the story going until she meets the main character in the novel and then I took a break.  Five and a half, single-spaced pages. Sweet!  I'm not sure if I'll use any of these pages in the final novel but I definitely got to know her much better.

When I got back from my break, I took a look at some of the most recent pages I had worked on and started going over it with a fine tooth comb in order to fix typos, misspelled words, grammar, etc. It's the nit-picky work that I've been letting slide little-by-little every time I broached the page. I've been so intent on figuring out the story that this is the first chance that I've had to cross out lines that don't work and fix the language.  It felt grounding to get back to my work.  It's been awhile and it feels amazing.

More again soon,

L~

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2013 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment