Thursday, October 27, 2011

It's been a while...

Morning,
It’s been awhile since I last wrote on my blog. Since I’m no longer complaining on this site, let’s just say that I’ve been going through a difficult time of late. The creative process is at a stand still. My pages have been curling up on my writing desk at home. Between you and me, I think my cat Pandora is using the stack as a place to lie on and rub her chin against it.

Recently, I had a reading and I opted to read an excerpt of the first chapter of this novel. It went over really well and I thought that positive feedback would give me the necessary push to get me going again. *crooked mouth * Not quite. There is just a lull in the creative process for me.

Right now, there seems to be three disparate pieces to this stories and I don’t quite know how they fit together and quite frankly, if they fit together. The other problem is that my main character and her nemesis sound too similar. So I have to revise to create very distinct personalities...how? Not really sure how to proceed. I keep circling the story in my mind, trying to figure it out.

Yesterday, I finally printed out all the pages that I have. I was skimming through some of it and there are pages that I don’t even remember writing. It was a strange feeling to feel so far away from the story.

My objective for the next few days is to reacquaint myself with the overall arc of the novel. Drill through the first three chapters with necessary edits in order for the logic to follow through. That’s all I’m doing. If that kick starts me to keep going then that’s gravy.

If I get stuck and/or frustrated, I am going to go to the gym for a swim. I’ve had a free-week pass to a local gym for a couple of months and I have yet to use it. Anyway, swimming is my backup plan. Just to move and get me out of my head. I blew out my knee (dislocated my patella) a couple of months ago and have been trying to sort that out as well. Swimming is one of the few things that make sense. The prospect of anything else makes my knees tremble (and not in delight).

I will post an update in the next couple of days. Peace, L~

There are a few things I want to share...so stay tuned. 


All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2011 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment