Tuesday, June 30, 2009

06.30.09

I can't sleep. My brain won't turn off and it's too hot in my room. Which makes for a very cranky version of me, up at 1.09 am.

Almost as soon as I started to write these words my mind turned off.

It's a fine line between giving my brain a chance to get things down and out AND forcing sleep upon it.

I'm restless...I don't know what I need...I don't know what I want.

I even walked 3 miles today just to tire myself out a bit. That plan did not work.

I'm in that weird space of wanting to quit. Quit school, quit classes, quit working on my writing, quit having ambition for it, quit the uncertainty, *sigh* I know I'm whinging. I can't help myself when I am tired and frazzled at the same time.

A mosquito just flew by my ear...which means I will not get any rest until it's dead.
Even the presence of it makes my skin itch.

I know this is all minutia but it can't be helped. As long as my brain is on auto-pilot, this is my version of just sitting with it.

I've run out of things to say and I'm staring blindly away from the bright computer screen.

Damn, I just got stung by the mosquito....argh! Sleep is a losing battle tonight.


All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2009 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment