Monday, February 9, 2009

02.09.09

Today I woke up at the time when the universe sighs...(2:30 am) and I wrote for a couple of hours.
I had been writing and re-writing a monologue in my head for about a week and the impulse was too great to ignore. All I could do was wake up and write. There was no question, no argument and no resistance. Just the rest of Jamie's monologue.

I went back to bed and tried to read but I was too tired.
I tried to watch tv but I was too tired.
I tried to go back to sleep but I was too tired.

Then it was 8 am and then the day became doing and moving.
It became:
mascara on eyelashes, liquid eyeliner on eyelids,
shower and brush teeth
changing bed clothes for street clothes
socks without holes and sneakers
layers of sweater and coat
snatch up phone from a red side table
lock the top lock
push elevator button
walk through the park on a cold crisp day
take train to school

answer e-mails
create new e-mails
answer questions
answer phones
buy tangerines
drop them off

sit in on a class
watch students
walk to the Grind
buy a Mountain Dew
walk to office
sit and chat
before head to workshop
hand out sheets
pass attendance sheet

time for class
discussion
questions
answers
laughter
he reads
class over

hop on train
home bound


All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2009 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

2 comments: