Sunday, November 11, 2018

Bill Joel in Concert - Madison Square Garden

Glass Houses Album Cover - Billy Joel

I went to see Billy Joel play in Madison Square Garden.  What a terrific show!! I grew up with his music and his songs take me back. The Glass Houses album was one of the first albums I asked, begged, pleaded my dad to buy for me. Thank goodness he caved. His songs remind me of Saturdays belting along while cleaning the house and dancing around with my sisters like lunatics. It was crazy fun.

Billy Joel had a couple of surprise musical guests....but I lost my mind when Joe Perry from Aerosmith walked out and played guitar.  He played Walk This Way...and one of Billy Joel back up singers sang it out...and I couldn't contain myself. My rocker chick self was singing along and loving the shred of the guitar. LOVED IT!!!

When Bill Joel sang Piano Man towards the end of the show...my heart expanded. The tears welled up and I was fighting against letting them fall because I didn't want my mascara to run...but the song won out.  I know this is the first blog posting in quite some time but Billy Joel is oh so worth it.  Enjoy.

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2018 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment