Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Where Have All the Decent Sci-Fi Shows Gone?

*pushing out my soapbox, testing the mic*

I just found out that Eureka Season 6 has been cancelled.  What the heck is Siffy (Syfy channel) thinking? That show has roughly 2 million viewers. AND IT STILL GETS CANCELLED!! What a huge disappointment!! 
Caprica is gone before it got a chance to take off. 
Battlestar Galatica is gone. 
Firefly is way gone.
Dollhouse is dead (I know this was network tv)
Meanwhile Warehouse 13 is still on the air.  No offense to those that love it but it's mindless fluff.

What is wrong with wanting a science fiction show with some well-developed characters, with decent storylines, with political/social commentary (Battlestar).  I am SO TIRED of meaningless reality television and the American Idol mentality.  I'd like something with a little bit of brain behind it.  Is that too much to ask for?  I know FRINGE is still on but I'm too afraid to watch it because as soon as I do, it will be pulled. 

Que Mierda!!  I quit.  Not watching anymore Syfy. Seriously!  Syfy is not interested in pandering to an audience with a brain these days. They have  WRESTLING in their scheduled line-up for crying out loud.  Unless wrestlers start putting on jet packs in their matches, IT DOESN'T COUNT as science fiction.  I'm going old school and pulling out Blade Runner or Battlestar Galactica DVDs because right now what's left is pretty pathetic.

Grrr!  Argh!!

L~

All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2011 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment