Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I'm thinking about the demonstration happening in Egypt tonight and I'm nervous about it.  Even though the military has reassured the protesters that they will not attack...my stomach is tied up in knots over them. May they be safe, may they be safe, may they stay safe are the words that run through my head.  The protests are necessary. Civil disobedience is necessary for change to occur. Yet, all I can see in the long term is that this is only the beginning.  I'm not just talking about Jordan and Egypt.  I'm thinking about humans on a global scale and the way people are becoming more desperate as  the chasm between the haves and the have-nots continue to widen. The collective consciousness knows things cannot keep going the way they are going and changes must occur.  May we find some peace in these growing struggles.


All artwork, photos, and text © Copyright 2008-2011 Liliana Almendarez unless indicated otherwise. All Rights Reserved. Any downloading, copying or use of images on this website is strictly prohibited without express written consent by Liliana Almendarez.

No comments:

Post a Comment